Wood Roasted Rib-eye Cap with Porcini and Cypress Black Flake Salt
- 8 ounce ribeye steak
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 2 cups porcini mushrooms, diced
- Laguna Salt Cypress Black Flake Sea Salt
- Fresh lemon wedge
Makes 1 serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cut steak to the desired size, season with salt and pepper.
- Put a 10-inch cast iron pan in the oven until it gets very hot, take it out and carefully add olive oil and then carefully place steak in the pan. Slide it back in the oven and leave for two minutes. After two minutes, flip steak and leave for another minute. Remove steak from pan and set aside to rest.
- Add sliced garlic and diced mushrooms to pan with remaining oil left in the pan and slide it back into the oven for about two minutes, allowing the mushrooms to roast. Remove pan from oven and spoon mushroom mixture to center of dinner plate. Slice rested steak, bias cut, into slices and arrange atop the roasted porcini. Finish dish with a generous sprinkling of Cypress Black Flake sea salt and a squeeze of lemon. Enjoy with a glass of Bridlewood Winery 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon.