- 1 pound chanterelles
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- Coarse salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, fresh thyme leaves or chives
Makes 4 servings
- Cut the base of the stems of the chanterelles. If the mushrooms are very gritty, rinse them quickly under cold running water and pat them dry. Otherwise, clean them carefully with a soft paint or pastry brush. Cut the large mushrooms into bite-size pieces; leave the smaller ones whole.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan. Add the chanterelles and saute for two to three minutes or until they start to become soft. Add the wine and when it has evaporated, add the chicken stock. Cook over high heat until it has almost evaporated. Season to taste with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley, thyme or chives.