Grilled Sausage with Mustard-dressed Warm Potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds small red potatoes
- 4 chicken or pork sausage links (12 oz.)
Makes 4 servings
- Preheat a gas grill on medium-high, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together mustard, parsley, vinegar, olive oil and shallot in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place potatoes and 1 tsp. salt in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and let cool slightly in a colander.
- Turn grill down to medium. Prick sausages in a few places with a fork and grill, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into middle of one registers 160°F, about 10 minutes.
- While sausages are cooking, cut each potato in half and transfer to a large, shallow bowl. Toss potatoes with dressing and serve immediately with sausages.