Beet Noodles with Tomatoes, Feta, & Bacon
- 3-4 strips thick-cut bacon
- 1 large (or 2 medium) red beets, peeled and spiralized (see instructions for note)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 large garlic clove, finely minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, to garnish
Note: Use a spiralizer or julienne peeler to create beet noodles. If desired, beet noodles can be made beforehand and refrigerated for up to three days.
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When crispy, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
Remove half of the bacon fat from the skillet. Set aside to cool, about 1 to 2 minutes, then place back over heat.
Add beet noodles and toss until noodles just begin to wilt, about 1 minute.
Add tomatoes, garlic, salt and pepper, then cover.
Cook 5 to 7 minutes, uncovering occasionally to toss.
Once beets are slightly wilted, but still al-dente, remove from heat and plate.
Crumble bacon, feta, and parsley over beet noodle mixture. Serve immediately.